Photos: Eight Year Old Boy Takes 61-Year Old Mother Of Five As ‘Wife’

An unusual wedding ceremony between an eight-year
old boy and 61-year old woman took place weekend in
Tshwane, South Africa with close to 100 people in
attendance.
Sanele Masilela (8) and Helen Shabangu (61) had their
families present at the union – the bride's husband and
her five children were also at the wedding.
Explaining why the wedding took place, Sanele's aunt,
Patience Masilela (46), said: "The boy was named after
his late grandfather who never had a white wedding, so
the ancestors told the boy to get married and he chose
Helen to be his bride. The family took his desire to get
married very seriously. They paid for the bride in
March last year and spent a lot on the wedding because
they believed it was what the ancestors wanted."
The bride who was visibly excited, stated: "I'm married
and have five kids of my own, but I know that this is
what the ancestors wanted, and now they are happy. it
is a ritual. we are just playing now, but it is a sign that
he will get married one day".
Sanele who stated his desire to continue his education
explained the reason behind the wedding thus: "I told
my mother that I wanted to get married because I really
did want to. I chose her because I love her and I'm
happy that I married her, but I will go to school and
study hard. When I'm older I will marry a lady my
own age."
NewsNigeria

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to infoloaded.com, kindly drop a comment in the comment bo'x.. Dont just read let's know your opinion.