“I Don’t Believe In a Heaven or A Hell, Or An Old Man Sitting On A Throne” – Katy Perry

Pop singer Katy Perry believes in a "higher power"
but she thinks there is no heaven or hell.
In an interview with the U.S. edition of Marie Claire,
the 29-year-old singer, who was raised in a devout
Christian home claims she no longer believes in a
single religion. Her pronouncement will no doubt
send her minister father's head spinning.
"I don't believe in a heaven or a hell, or an old man
sitting on a throne. I believe in a higher power bigger
than me because that keeps me accountable," she
told the magazine. "Accountability is rare to find,
especially with people like myself, because nobody
wants to tell you something you don't want to hear."
Perry added: "I'm not Buddhist, I'm not Hindu, I'm
not Christian, but I still feel like I have a deep
connection with God. I pray all the time for self-
control, for humility. There's a lot of gratitude in it.
Just saying 'thank you' sometimes is better than
asking for things."
Despite her religious parents being at odds with the
sexy party girl image she portrays, Perry nonetheless
reveals she gets along fine with her mother and
father.
"People don't understand that I have a great
relationship with my parents … like, how that can
exist. There isn't any judgment. They don't
necessarily agree with everything I do, but I don't
necessarily agree with everything they do," she said.
"They pray for me is what they do. They're fascinated
with the idea that they created someone who has
this much attention on her."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to infoloaded.com, kindly drop a comment in the comment bo'x.. Dont just read let's know your opinion.