“I Fasted For 10 Months Before Becoming A Governor” – Gov. Amaechi

Rivers State Governor has said God, and not man,
installed him as the state governor because he fasted
and prayed for 10 months before he became the
governor.
The governor, who spoke at Saint Vincent De Paul
Catholic Church in Port Harcourt on Wednesday, said
that his government was installed by Jesus Christ,
Amaechi urged the people to disregard those who
claimed to be responsible for his emergence as the
governor of the state.
He said, "As a government led by me, a government
installed by Christ, if anybody tells you he installed
me, tell him it is a lie. Tell him that I said I prayed for
10 months and I fasted from 6am to 6pm, calling on
Christ to come down and Christ came down mightily
and installed me as governor.
"That is why you can see that in the face of human
effrontery, I have been able to stand face to face with
them and I say I have Christ in me.
"You must rise in that same spirit of having Christ in
you and confront those who are confronting you. You
must stand up for Christ because the Bible says 'faith
without work is dead.' We must not die. We must live
and the way to live is to celebrate Christ and the way
to celebrate Christ is to confront Satan and Satan is
in different forms and shapes.
"If the police shoot at you, they are satanic. If
government denies you your right to live, that
government is satanic," Amaechi added.
"All these you may want to attribute to political
disagreement in Rivers State; but it is not true. It is
simply because of those who lead us in Abuja;
because the police is an establishment of the Federal
Government and they have refused to curb the
excesses of the police.
"Instead of the police to chase away criminals, they
are shooting at innocent citizens. Don't stop at
praying. We knew we prayed, but as you pray, you
must rise on your feet and confront the challenges of
insecurity."

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to infoloaded.com, kindly drop a comment in the comment bo'x.. Dont just read let's know your opinion.