AN EPIC Poem :MY NAME IS NIGERIA - - BY IDOWU ODEYEMI [Must Read]

Here the poet is assuming Nigeria as a single person,and using the person for his imperious lamentation..
 
MY NAME IS NIGERIA
   150 million people live inside me
   Ironsi took my cup;it's filled with blood
   Gowon took me as a dorky; it's fortuitous
    Abacha tore my skin;it hurts
     Murtala helped my siblings;it's a shame
     Obasonjo drained my life;it's diabolical
      Shagari was where; it's not here
      Idiagbon claimed my name;it's decorative
     Buhari was a military mob;it's a pity
     Babangida killed my ancestors;it's a pity
     Shonekan left my empty pocket; it cause for alarm
     Obasonjo came with a native wear;it's a surprise
      Ya'ardua bought back my lost;it's invigorating
      Goodluck bought to me badluck;it's still a luck
       Buhari is now with a native wear; it's taking me low

My name is Nigeria
  I was unable to die
    People put me to be strong
      They are 150 millions
      They have 36 parts
       They are strong
       Hungary but keep pushing to survive
        My mother born to earth 56 of us
         I am tired, yet I'm the giant of them

  My name is Nigeria
     Out of me is me
      Out of me are the people in me
         They control d people in me
          To me they show me
         That I am not me
           The weakness of me
             Was shown to the real me
             This is me
           Commit those empty grains to the flames that won't consume me

   My  name is  Nigeria
     I still rise above my mother child
      They almost kill me
      People in me, pain in me
       This is me
      I'm the goddess of permanides
       Superiority in inferiority
        Inferiority in superiority
   My name is NIGERIA
     I won't become a DORKY
      NEVER

Official/ $lim/ASA POETRY AWARDS/

: Odeyemi Idowu Ebenezer
Phone number: 08032893245

No comments:

Post a Comment

You're welcome to infoloaded.com, kindly drop a comment in the comment bo'x.. Dont just read let's know your opinion.